"I couldn't have made the instructions any simpler. You put the liquid in a drink. You serve my sister the drink. You wait five, maybe ten, seconds before it makes her higher than she's ever been. Then you push her off the fucking balcony. At what point did you think braining her with a potted plant would be a necessary? And explain to me how she's still alive?" Angelique hissed through clenched teeth.
Between Angelique and Darvin lay Clara nestled in a field of wires and hoses.
The machinery monitoring her life showed signs of improved health by the hour.
It was baffling the doctors and many on the nursing staff were calling it a miracle.
If only they'd known Clara when she was conscious they might not be blaming god for this little miracle.
Darvin was not intimidated "It never got that far. I dosed her, I fed her the booze, and I went to the bathroom while it took affect. I wasn't gone for more than a minute or two and by the time I came back she had disappeared. I thought she had wandered off with someone else so I went looking for her. Maybe you got the dosage wrong." Darvin suggested shrugging and turning to Clara.
As he watched a deep contusion spanning the bridge of Clara's nose raised up and healed disappearing completely from sight in seconds. The only proof that it had been there at all the sick crunch and pop as the broken cartilage reset itself spontaneously.
"I did not get the dosage wrong. I chose the wrong person to help me out. That's all. Besides I can tell you didn't spend very long looking. You smell like a brewery full of used jock straps." Searching her purse Angelique pulled out a small grey tome and began leafing through it. Shadows that had not been present before suddenly deepened.
"Can we still kill her? She's still weak. I can feel it. Her body is healing but what the pain did to her mind hasn't healed as fast. The dark thing grows inside her." Darvin asked tracing his fingers over the contours of Clara's face.
Angelique shook her head "I don't know yet and I don't want to risk destroying one of His children. I may never earn His favor again."
Darvin shuddered involuntarily "What on earth did you do to earn it in the first place?"
Ignoring him she closed the little grey tome and stuffed it back in her purse "It doesn't say anything about an expiration date or the effect of the dosage wearing off. I suppose if we do it now the end results will be the same. Technically if we leave the dark thing inside of Clara it'd be the same as killing it."
"So?" Darvin asked looking up from the bed.
"Kill her."
-Contributed by Cogent Ascending
10.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment